20 Wren Close
- Beat SCAD is a charity dedicated to raising awareness of Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection (SCAD), supporting people affected by SCAD, and raising funds for research.
- Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection (SCAD) is a rare heart condition that cannot be predicted or prevented - yet. SCAD is a tear or a bruise in a coronary artery that prevents normal blood flow. SCAD can cause a heart attack, cardiac arrest, heart failure and can be fatal.
- SCAD typically affects people with few or none of the usual risk factors for heart disease (atherosclerosis). The cause of SCAD is unknown and misdiagnosis occurs due to lack of awareness, often because the person appears 'too healthy' to suspect a heart problem.
- Beat SCAD is run entirely by volunteers, who are also SCAD survivors.
- Thank you for your support to help us beat SCAD.